Creamy Chicken Alfredo is easy to bake and to make as the main dish. The Alfredo sauce is a rich Italian sauce that is typically made with some butter, Parmesan, whipping cream, and ground black pepper.
The only thing I normally do any differently when preparing this dish is to cut down on the amount of garlic that I use in the recipe, or simply leave the garlic out of the recipe completely. I also use real onions in my recipe, in place of the minced onions that the recipe calls for.
We All Have Preferences
If you would much prefer a butter-flavored sauce, just substitute butter for the olive oil in the recipe. One thing is, I absolutely love this creamy chicken alfredo recipe, and really enjoyed making it for all my co-workers and my patients at the hospital where I previously worked at.
I have had this dish and the chicken has been slightly tough, therefore I will normally pound the chicken, just slightly to be sure it bakes up to be as tender as it possibly can be, however, it is a very delicious and filling dish to make, for any occasion or for just a nice family meal. It never has to be a special occasion for you to decide to make this recipe, which is always one of my family’s favorites.
Creamy Chicken Alfredo
- 1 Tablespoon
- 1 wooden spoon or a large serving spoon
- 1 large skillet
- 1 shallow dish
- 1 13 x 9-inch baking dish
- 1 knife
- 1 instant read food thermomenter
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 6 4 ounces each boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsps plus 1 tsp olive oil divided
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp minced onion
- 1½ cups whipping cream
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Place the flour in a shallow dish. Sprinkle the chicken with salt, and coat with the flour. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat till hot. Add the chicken, cook it turning once, until it is golden brown, about 4 minutes per side. Then remove the chicken from the skillet and place it in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in the same skillet over medium heat until it is hot. Then add the garlic and onion, and cook until garlic is fragrant and the onion is tender about 2 minutes. Turn the heat up to medium-high, add the whipping cream, Parmesan and the pepper. Cook this mixture till the sauce is bubbly and slightly thickened for about 3 minutes. Then spoon the sauce over the chicken in the dish.
- Bake the chicken until an instant-read thermometer that is inserted into the center of the chicken shows 180F, about 12 minutes. Sprinkle this with the parsley and enjoy.
All About the Presentation
It is all about the presentation. The presentation can be just as nice as the taste of the Creamy Chicken Alfredo. You should always plate it in a way that it really shows up as a show-stopper. It really does not matter what time of the year you decide to make this dish, it will always be a hit with your family, friends, or visitors. It is such an easy meal to make, that I do love to make it, no matter what the occasion is.