Crab salad is a very delicious low-calorie dish. Not sure how many times I have made this dish, but my friends love it every time I do. You will enjoy this dish as well.
Our crab salad recipe is sure to please even the pickiest of eaters! This savory dish is a classic family favorite; its combination of succulent crab meat, crisp vegetables, and zesty dressing will tantalize your taste buds. Whether you’re a novice or an experienced chef, our recipe for this delicious salad is sure to make your next meal memorable.
How do you store leftover crab salad?
Leftover crab salad can be stored in an airtight container for up to three days. To extend its shelf life, try adding a few drops of lemon juice or white wine vinegar to the container before sealing it. Be sure to store it in the refrigerator and make sure that it is thoroughly reheated before eating, as this will help keep you safe from any potential food-borne illnesses.
- 1 medium bowl
- 1 wooden spoon
- 2 salad spoons for tossing the salad
- 1 roll of plastic wrap to cover the mixture
- 4 serving plates
- 2 cans 7-oz king crabmeat, drained
- ½ cup low-calorie mayonnaise
- 2 tbsps chopped parsley
- 2 tbsps snipped chives
- 4 hard-cooked eggs quartered
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup diced pared cucumber
- Crisp lettuce cups
- If it is necessary, and there is any cartilage in the crabmeat, remove it. Then in a medium bowl, combine chives, parsley, mayonnaise, lemon juice, and the Worcestershire sauce, and make sure to mix the mixture really well. Now add the crabmeat, and the cucumber, and toss well.
- Cover the mixture and refrigerate it until it is well chilled for about 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- When you are ready to serve the mixture, arrange the lettuce cups on the 4 serving plates. Then fill them with the salad, and garnish with egg.
This is a really easy and great recipe to make no matter what time of the year. Since it calls for the canned king crab meat, you should be able to locate it in most stores no matter the season of the year.
I love making this recipe because it definitely is an easy dish to make. Sometimes I change up the dish somewhat by adding onion and green pepper to it. But it depends on your own taste buds as to what you will decide to add to it. I normally start out with the recipe I posted above, and then may try slowly adding one or two new ingredients till I have it done, the way I feel at the time.
If you are going to deviate from the recipe I posted above, please be sure to try a small amount of crab salad first. Make sure you are tasting as you do this. You can always omit whatever does not work for you at the time.
It really does not take long to make this recipe, and it is a really tasty dish to make. I am sure you will love it as much as I, my family, and friends do. I am positive you will also love this dish.