This best-loved chocolate cheesecake is one of my and my granddaughter’s favorite all-time recipes. I loved when I was growing up, grandma coming to get us for the summer and cooking up all of our favorites.
The best-loved chocolate cheesecake tradition seemed to carry over to my granddaughter and now great-granddaughter as well. I used to believe that regular cheesecakes were the best until I decided to experiment a little with my plain cheesecake recipe. Nothing drastic. I figured I wanted cheesecake, but also a chocolate cake, and you got it! I decided to combine both recipes.
5 Essential Tips for Making a Perfect Chocolate Cheesecake
Are you ready to make the perfect chocolate cheesecake? Making a delicious and decadent dessert isn’t as hard as it sounds. Here at Kale and Croutons, we provide you with all the tips and tricks you need to make the perfect chocolate cheesecake.
Start by gathering your ingredients: cream cheese, sugar, eggs, sour cream, cocoa powder, and melted butter. Then, preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. To begin making the filling for your cheesecake, mix together the cream cheese and sugar until they are light and fluffy. Add in the eggs one at a time while beating constantly. Finally, add in the sour cream, cocoa powder, and melted butter.
What Every Home Cook Needs to Know About Baking the Best Chocolate Cheesecake
I’m passionate about providing you with the best recipes from my family’s kitchen. If you’re looking to bake something special for your next family gathering or just a cozy night in, why not try baking a delicious chocolate cheesecake?
It’s an easy recipe that will have everyone asking for seconds! As a home cook, it’s important to understand the basics of baking and how to tweak the ingredients to suit your personal tastes. With this recipe, I’ll share my tried-and-true method for making the perfect chocolate cheesecake every time. Plus, you can add some of your own personal touches with various toppings like chopped nuts or fresh berries. So get ready to impress your guests with a show-
Bringing Nostalgia into the Kitchen: The Chocolate Cheesecake Story
Step into the nostalgia of a home-cooked meal with me as your personal chef. I’m passionate about creating dishes that are both flavorful and visually appealing while bringing back memories of family dinners.
My favorite recipe is the Chocolate Cheesecake Story: a delectable combination of smooth cream cheese, rich dark chocolate, and crunchy graham cracker crust. Every bite is sure to bring back childhood memories and make you feel like you’re at home. Try it out today and experience the warmth of my kitchen!
Best Loved Chocolate Cheesecake
- 1 9-inch springform pan
- 1 cup size dry ingredient measuring cup
- 1/4 cup measuring cup
- 1 mixer, or hand beater
- measuring spoons to measure ingredients
- 1 large bowl
- 1 toothpick to test cake for doneness
- 1 set potholders
- 1 wire rack for cooling the cake
- 1 knife, to loosen the cake from the pan
- 1 small microwavable bowl
- 1 large spoon
- Quick chocolate crumb crust
- 3 pkgs cream cheese softened
- 1 ¼ cups sugar
- 1 8 oz container sour cream
- 2 tsps vanilla extract
- ½ cup hershey's cocoa
- 2 TBSPS all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs room temperature
- Quick Chocolate drizzle
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Then prepare the Quick Chocolate Crumb Crust.
How to make the Quick Chocolate Crumb Crust
- Combine 1 cup chocolate wafer crumbs and ¼ cup which is equal to ½ butter or margarine. Press onto the bottom of the 9-inch springform pan. Makes 1 9-inch crust.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar until they are blended. Add the vanilla and sour cream, and beat until blended. Now it is time to beat in the flour and cocoa. Next, add the eggs, and only beat until blended. Now it is time to pour this mixture into the crust.
- You only want to let this bake at 450 degrees for about 10 minutes, then turn the oven temperature down to 250 degrees and allow the cake to continue to bake for another 40 minutes. Test for doneness.
- Remove the cake from the oven, and place it on a wire rack. Take a knife and loosen the cake from the pan’s edge. Allow the cake to cool completely. Now you can remove the side of the pan.
- Prepare the Quick Chocolate Drizzle
How to make the Quick Chocolate Drizzle
- Place ½ cup Hershey’s semi-sweet chocolate chips and 2 tsps shortening. But do not use butter, margarine, spread, or oil. In a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave this on high for about 30 seconds. Depending on your microwave, if it becomes necessary, you can do additional time at 15 seconds each. You do want to stir this after each heating, merely to make sure that all the chocolate chips are melted.
- Now drizzle this mixture over the top of the cheesecake. Refrigerate for about 4 hours. Make sure you store this covered in the refrigerator.
It is All In The Presentation
It is definitely all in the presentation. The more attractive you make this cheesecake when you add the drizzle, the more your family, friends, and guest will be lusting for a piece.
It smelt so fantastic and amazing while baking. I could hardly wait to sample the finished product, but it was definitely worth the wait. By the time the rest of dinner was ready, the cheesecake was fully chilled. And yes, it was definitely yummy!
I found this video on the Food Network and just thought it was so clever and should be shared. Thought it was entertaining and I was amazed at the video. I was like, really, people! this is not chocolate cheesecake, but more of a chocolate cake with cheesecake for icing.
However, it does seem like an easy way to get the taste of a chocolate cheesecake. Well, friends once I try making this I will let you know how it came out. Once you try my recipe, please leave me a comment below to let me know how yours turned out. So, later for now.