I have always loved the brandy apple pie recipe, especially with a big scoop of ice cream on top. I may not like brandy apple pie as much as apple or peach, but have to admit that brandy is quite tasty when put into the pie.
Sensational Apple Pie with Brandy
Our sensational brandy apple pie is the perfect way to step up your cooking game! Perfect for anyone looking to learn how to cook or hone in on their family recipes, this mouth-watering dish is sure to please. With a special blend of brandy and apples, you will be able to whip up a tasty treat that will be sure to leave your family wanting more. So come join us and learn how easy it is to make a sensational brandy apple pie!
How do we store this apple pie?
At Family Recipes, we’ve figured out a way to store your apple pie without it going bad! With our special packaging, you can keep that delicious slice of happiness around for weeks. And best of all, our recipes don’t take an eternity to make. They’re easy peasy and fun for the whole family. So come on down and check us out – you won’t regret it!
Brandy Apple Pie Recipe
- 1 small bowl
- 1 medium saucepan
- 1 wooden spoon
- 1 wire cooking rack
- 1 small saucepan
- 1 pastry brush
- 1 small plate or saucer to put the pie on
- 10 cups 4 lbs pared, cored, thinly sliced tart apples
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 jar 12 oz apricot preserves
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ¼ cup Cognac or brandy
- 3 tbsp margarine or butter
- 1 tbsp grated lemon peel
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pastry shell
- In a small bowl, combine 2 cups sliced apples with the lemon juice, after tossing it lightly set it aside.
- Place the remaining apples in a medium saucepan, along with ¼ cup apricot preserves, 1/3 cup sugar, either Cognac or Brandy, butter, lemon peel, and the spices. Bring to boiling, stirring continuously. Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, 30 to 35 minutes, or until the mixture becomes the consistency of applesauce. Let this cool for about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Then preheat the oven to 375F.
- Pour the warm applesauce mixture into the bottom of the unbaked pie shell. Remember to arrange the remaining apple slices, gently and as attractively as possible on top. Then sprinkle with 3 tablespoons of sugar.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until the pastry is a lovely golden brown. Transfer the pie from the oven to the cooling rack.
- Then in the small saucepan, heat the remaining apricot preserves with the remainder of the sugar. Continue to stir the mixture till the preserves are thoroughly melted. Now you can remove it from the heat, and brush the mixture over the apples.
- Now you can serve it at room temperature or slightly warm, topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. If you choose not to do the vanilla ice cream, you can substitute whipped cream.
OMG! This looks so delicious and smells so good while cooking. I cannot wait to dig into this brandy apple pie. I really at the last minute chose not to use brandy, but because of my love of Cognac, I chose to substitute it instead.
View this post on Instagram
Quarantine life has brought out talents I didn’t know I had! For instance TikTok! (Ok, I’m not really talented in that department 🙄) But have been baking and cooking a lot more and learning tons of new recipes. Gotta give a shout out to @natashaskitchen for this easy to follow #applepierecipe on her #youtubechannel What are some of the new things you’ve discovered while #quarantined ? We want to know, so drop them below 👇👇 Maybe we’ll try them too 😃 #momlife #girlmom #bakingfromscratch #learningnewthings #happylife #enjoyeachday #lifestyleswiththepeas #socialdistancing #southerncalifornia #socalblogger #bloggerlife #cooking #familylife #blendedfamilies #bestfriendship
Loving this video and the apple pie. There is nothing better than that smell circulating all through your house. Well, maybe the smells on Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve are coming from the kitchen while you are attempting to sleep.
All About the Presentation
It definitely is all about the presentation. I don’t feel that the pie would be as appetizing if it looked like something that had been just thrown onto a plate. When presenting the food to ourselves and others it needs to be just as appealing to the eye as it will be to the tummy.
Whether you serve the Brandy Apple Pie with ice cream, whip cream or on it’s own. Just know that it will still be a delicious dessert no matter which way you may choose.