Spaghetti and meatballs are one of my all-time favorite recipes. A lot of people will cook their meatballs in a lot of grease and in a skillet. Well, I am not saying that is wrong, but I feel that it is a little bit healthier if you cook them in the oven. Try it, and you may agree and like it!
Is Spaghetti and Meatballs Healthy or a Fatty Food?
Spaghetti and Meatballs is an Italian-American classic that can be made with healthy ingredients and still taste delicious. The key to making it a healthier dish is to use lean ground beef, and whole wheat pasta, and to limit the amount of added fats such as butter or olive oil. With the right combination of fresh herbs and veggie-packed sauces, spaghetti and meatballs can be a wholesome meal everyone in the family will enjoy!
How can you store the leftovers?
Leftover spaghetti and meatballs are a delicious way to enjoy a family favorite meal again. But if you want to save your leftovers for later, we have some tips to help you out. For starters, store the spaghetti and meatballs in an airtight container or wrap them in aluminum foil.
Place the container in the refrigerator and it should be good for up to five days. You can also freeze the leftovers for up to three months and just thaw them in the fridge when you’re ready to enjoy them again.
Spaghetti and Meatballs
- 1 medium bowl
- tongs or fork
- 1 wooden spoon or large serving spoon
- 1 shallow baking pan
- 1 large serving dish
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 3 slices white bread crumbled
- 2 lbs ground chuck
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil or salad oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 ½ tsp dreied basil leaves
- ½ tsp fennel seed
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 can 2 lb, 3 oz Italian-style tomatoes
- 2 cans 6 oz size tomato paste
- 1 pkg 1 lb spaghetti
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Make Meatballs: Preheat oven to 450 F. In a medium bowl, beat eggs slightly. Add milk and bread, mix well. Let stand for 5 minutes. Add ground chuck, onion, parsley, garlic, salt, and pepper: mix until well blended. Shape into 24 meatballs, 1 1/2 inches in diameter. Place in well-greased, shallow baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes
- Make Sauce: In a 5-quart Dutch oven, in hot oil, over medium heat, saute‘ onion and garlic until golden. Add remainder of sauce ingredients and ½ cup of water, mashing tomatoes with a wooden spoon. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 1/2 hour. add meatballs and drippings; simmer, covered, 1 hour longer, stirring occasionally.
- Cook spaghetti as package label directs; drain.
- Place spaghetti on serving dish. Top with meatballs and sauce, and sprinkle with cheese.
It appears as if her husband or boyfriend was really enjoying her spaghetti and meatball recipe. This made me laugh! He had the nerve to tease her with her own food.
All About the Presentation
It is definitely all about the presentation. If you do not present your recipes and information in a fun and pleasing manner, no one will want to click on it and read it. It can be the best post you have ever done on your blog, but without a great presentation, it was all for nothing.
That spaghetti lasso reeling in the meatball is really a cute and funny thing. I guess I could have chosen something else to put there, but I love it.
Looking for more recipes like the one above? Just stay tuned as I continue on this blogging journey.