Mommy’s Cheesy Spinach Dip is good at almost anytime. You can use it as a meal starter or as a snack. Have you ever wondered what one of the first appetizers is that gets eaten up at a get-together or party? it would be this one.
Most of the get-togethers, which I have attended have served this dish. This cheesy spinach dip recipe always seems to be a big hit. It will definitely not stick around too long and is visually one of the first appetizers that everyone goes for.
A Really Easy Cheesy Spinach Dip Recipe
This Mommy’s Cheesy Spinach Dip is such an easy cheesy recipe to make. It is the absolute perfect football food or the perfect appetizer for any game day get-together, or party. Try serving his flavorful, and savory dip with really thin slices of toasted sourdough bread. You can also serve it with any type of crackers you choose.
How to store the cheesy spinach dip
This cheesy spinach dip recipe is a classic crowd-pleaser. Perfect for any gathering, this dip is sure to make your guests smile with its delicious, cheesy flavor. Whether you’re a beginner in the kitchen or an experienced cook, our recipe is easy to follow and will bring out your inner chef. Enjoy with friends and family while learning new and old recipes!
Mommy’s Cheesy Spinach Dip
- 1 knife
- 1 large saucepan
- 1 wooden spoon or a large serving spoon
- 1 quart casserole dish
- 1 large bowl
- 2 tbsp butter
- ¼ cup chopped onion (about ¼ medium
- 2 cloves garlic minced (1 teaspoon)
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1¾ cups half-and-half
- 2 pkgs 9 ozs each frozen chopped spinach, thawed, well-drained
- 1 can 8 ounces sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 pkg 1 ounce dry vegetable soup mix
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425F. Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic, and cook and stir until the onion is tender and garlic is fragrant about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the flour. Cook and stir for about an additional minute. Then add the half-and-half and let this cook, stirring constantly until the mixture comes to a boil and thickens for about 2 minutes.
- At this point, you should remove the saucepan from the heat. Stir in the chopped spinach, vegetable soup mix, cheddar cheese, and water chestnuts. Take the wooden spoon and spoon dip into a 1-quart casserole dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake the dip until it is bubbly and cheese is melted about 15 minutes. Make sure to serve this warm.
It is really not necessary to grease the casserole dish, simply because of the high-fat content of the cheddar cheese, in mommy’s cheesy spinach dip recipe. This is about the presentation and this cheesy spinach dish will definitely wow your party-goers, friends, and family members.
Whatever time of the year, no matter what the season, this cheesy spinach dip will be the perfect appetizer to serve at any event. Try the recipe, please leave a comment below, letting me know what you thought of it.